In addition to developing learning objectives, we must also develop evaluation objectives. For example:
"Reaction" Evaluation Objectives:
- What average score are we seeking on the written evaluations (e.g., 4.5 out of a possible 5)?
- What responses do we expect to hear in the oral summary statements at course conclusion?
- What responses do we expect to hear while conducting a telephone follow-up survey?
"Learning" Evaluation Objectives:
- What percentage improvement is acceptable in the pre-testing comparisons to post-testing results?
- What is an acceptable level of achievement in specific application exercise activities?
"Behavior" Evaluation Objectives:
- What improvement responses do we want to hear at the intermediate and advanced tier training sessions?
- What is an acceptable level of response on learner questionnaires?
- What positive feedback do we want to hear from the field force?
- What specific results are we expecting from the on-the-job assignments and self-study activities?
- What positive responses do we want to hear at the round table group discussion?
- What performance do we expect from the consultation required for certification?
"Results" Evaluation Objectives:
- What percentage of improvement comparison is acceptable in pre-accounting versus post-accounting?
- What percentage of overall improvement is acceptable?
- What do we specifically want to see when conducting the individual on-location consultation inspections, evaluation, and examinations?